Visit Verona in the Veneto, one of Italy's loveliest towns.
Veneto, a thriving town in its own right, is also an appealing tourist destination for weekend breaks. It's rich in archaeological sites and has a beautiful medieval centre. The Roman Arena, where concerts and operas are performed in the summer, is the city's grandest sight (original capacity 20,000), but the so-called 'Juliet's balcony' is also a principal port on the Shakespearian tourist trail.
You can spend a long time exploring the narrow streets lined with 'palazzi' that make up the historic center (there's also a mini-train tour if you're feeling lazy). Some of the churches contain fine works of art, while the ruined Teatro Romano over the river has excellent views from the terraces where the ancients watched plays.
Then you will spend the afternoon at Lake Garda, one of the beautiful lakes in Northern Italy, visiting the touristic town of Sirmione, on the southern shores of Lake Garda, a pretty town near the end of a long promontory. Its narrow medieval streets bustle with colour and life; the tiny town is popular with holidaymakers, and the summer months bring crowds.
The beautiful lakeside towns around Lago di Garda have charmed foreign visitors for centuries. Even for the ancient Romans, the area was a luxury summer destination; you can visit ruins and mosaics that record their presence.
Itinerary / Activity Schedule
- Lake Garda
- Return bus trip from Milan
- English speaking tour leader
- Meals and drinks
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses
- Optional activity costs
- This tour has a 6 passenger minimum requirement for operation and is subject to cancellation if this minimum is not met. Please call at least 24 hours prior to departure to confirm schedule.
- Children below 4 years old are free of charge. Please provide date of birth on the booking.
- In winter season (November-February) some tours may be modified or suspended.
- It is your responsibility to check with appropriate consulates if any visa is required.